WATCHDOG 250 (WD250) is a networked RF sensor capable of detecting control- and video signals from UAVs (drones) and controllers for a broad range of commercial and do-it-yourself (DIY) drones. It provides alarms and bearing (direction) to the drone as well as information on drone model, protocol, and vendor.
When combining multiple sensors, the bearing information can be used to triangulate the geolocation of the drone or controller. WD250 is functionally similar to Watchdog WD200 but ruggedized for use on military and civilian vehicles. The Watchdog WD250 is designed to withstand vibration and shock of military vehicles along with a range of harsh environmental conditions including dust, salt, and solar radiation. MIL-STD-810G qualification is currently ongoing.
Watchdog WD250 employs enhanced electromagnetically shielding to avoid radio frequency emission and complies with MIL-STD-461. WD250 has external grounding connection point for enhanced safety.
WD250 is powered by PoE and is fitted with the vibration dampening mount, which makes it easy to install. It can be operated from MyDefence Iris or integrated into existing C2 systems through MyDefence Argos.
WD250 is functionally similar to our original Watchdog, but ruggedized for use on military and civilian vehicles. The WD250 is designed to withstand vibration and shock of military vehicles along with a range of harsh environmental conditions including dust, salt and solar radiation.
With our constant focus on reducing SWaP (Size, Weight and Power consumption), the WD250 is developed to be small, light, and power-efficient at a cost-effective price.
- Coverage angle – Azimuth: 90°
- Coverage angle – Elevation: 90°
- Accuracy of direction finding: 5° RMS
- Sensor installation elevation: Typically 10-25°
- Frequency ranges: 2.4 GHz, 5.2 GHz, 5.8 GHz
- Operational temperature: -40° – +60°C
- Surface: Black CARC-type paint
- Time & location sync.: Internal GPS antenna
- Connection: Gigabit ethernet
- Mil Specification: MIL-STD-810G (Qualification in progress)
- EMC Specification: MIL-STD-461F (Qualification in progress)
- Size: 180mm x 180mm x 75mm including vibration mount
- Weight: 1900g including vibration mount
- Power supply: PoE
- IP rating: IP68